Summer Language Intensive Programs
Current 2016 SLIP Participants, please complete the online surveys.
We will be offering the following programs in 2016:
- Arabic Domestic Program at CSUSB from June 23 – August 12, 2016
- Arabic Abroad in Amman, Jordan from June 14 – August 22, 2016
- Chinese Abroad - Applications are closed. Please check back in December to apply for summer 2017.
- Interested in Tutoring Arabic during summer 2016?
Our programs are open to all motivated and mature students from the U.S. and abroad. It is one of the most rigorous, engaging, and affordable programs in the nation. We welcome you to take the challenge to compare other programs and see the difference. We are confident you will find ours to be among the very best.
Our mission is clear and simple:
- We follow the latest and best practices in foreign language instruction;
- We treat participants with utmost respect;
- We cater to their individual needs and differentiate instruction;
- We provide our students with the most supportive and enriching environment to learn the target language and about its culture.
Our pledge is to exceed your expectations and to keep our program as the most competitive, personalized, and stimulating in the U.S. In return, we expect you to work very hard, adhere to the Target Language Commitment to the best of your ability, respect your fellow students and faculty, and come with an attitude for learning in a stimulating but very demanding environment.
Here are some of the benefits of joining our program:
- 12-20 units of College Credit available
- Small faculty to student and tutor to student ratio
- Experienced, expert and qualified instructors do the teaching
- Several field trips to the surrounding communities and one camping trip
- Pre and post session assessment, conducted independently, to document language development
- Affordable, rigorous, and engaging
- Possibility to receive minor, certificate and B.A. in Arabic (depending on proficiency level)
- Opportunity to continue education during the academic year
- Some scholarship opportunities available based on merit and financial need
- Special accommodations available for physical, cultural and religious needs
Take a look at past summers…
View our yearbooks and program videos from prior years:
Target Language Commitment
The Target Language Commitment asks students to use only the language that they are studying (Arabic, Chinese, Korean or Persian) in all program and extra-curricular activities - including within the residences, on field trips, etc.
Mailing address: SLIP, WLL; 5500 University Parkway; San Bernardino, CA 92407
Physical location: University Hall (UH) - 314