Coordinator: Prof. Makiko Amaya
Seijo University offers one semester or one academic year student exchange program for eligible CSUSB students. Academic offerings include intensive Japanese language courses, Japan Studies, Area Studies and Special Topics courses taught in English with tutorial assistance for inbound exchange students. Also, exchange students with adequate Japanese proficiency are allowed to register in most of the regular undergraduate courses taught in Japanese. Credit earned at Seijo can be applied to the student's degree at their home Institution. Seijo Exchange Program includes many fun events like various parties, Seijo Regatta/boat race, International Student Session, visiting the other schools of Seijo Gakuen, etc.
For more information about the academic programs, please visit Seijo University Special Program for Exchange Students.
Period of exchange study
For one semester or for one academic year (1st Semester: April-August, 2nd Semester; September-February)
Number of participants
Up to 2 students for one academic year, 4 students for one semester, or 1 student for one academic year and 2 students for one semester
- Application deadlines at CSUSB
- 2nd Semester, 2017: March 15, 2017
- 1st Semester, 2018: October 31, 2017
- 2nd Semester, 2018: March 15, 2018
- Student Exchange Program Application Form
- A letter of nomination from the CISP office
- Official academic transcript
- Other application documents: Application for the certificate of eligibility, 4 passport quality photos, financial verification, a photocopy of the passport, health certificate, etc.
- Must be a CSUSB student in good academic standing
- Have approximately a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have completed, at least, the second-semester (or third quarter) of Japanese or higher (at CSUSB, JAPN 103 or higher)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above in college level Japanese courses
- State University fee (CSUSB tuition)
- Living expenses may vary:
- Housing: Seijo University does not have on-campus dormitories. Seijo University shall secure rooms for exchange
students either Seijo International House, Shibata Mansion, or other residences.
- Exchange program fee/departure processing: $750
- Roundtrip transportation
- Health insurance
- Food, personal expenses and miscellaneous
Financial assistance by Seijo University
- Living stipend in the amount of ¥80,000 Japanese yen per month will be offered to CSUSB exchange students per cohort, during their attendance at Seijo University for a maximum of eleven months.
- Rent assistance to the maximum amount of ¥30,000 Japanese yen per month per student will be offered to CSUSB exchange students. The rent assistance is offered in situations in which an individual exchange student’s housing costs are exceeding ¥30,000 Japanese yen per month.
For more information, please contact:
Makiko Amaya, Japanese Instructor
Department of World Languages and Literatures
email@example.com / 909-537-7132 / UH-401.35
Amy Chien, Study Abroad Assistant Coordinator
Center for International Studies and Programs
firstname.lastname@example.org / 909-537-3944 / CE-348